Trimm, Inc. originated with the production of headsets, loudspeakers and
hearing aids in the early 1920's. Success was gained when owner Paul
Bottorff pioneered a program to teach deaf children, hence launching the
development of personal aid kits.
Although Trimm's growth in the 1930's was mainly in
the sale of hearing aids, during World War II the company produced almost exclusively
headsets for the military and non-radio industry.
In 1947 Trimm moved to its current wooded campus in
Libertyville, Illinois. During the 1950's and 1960's, Trimm
evolved heavily into the jack, patch cord, panels and related product categories.
This was a natural progression from audio to the coaxial environment.
In 1982 Trimm was purchased by Newton Instrument Company to enhance the
already strong Newton product line. In late 1992, G. Wallace Newton became
sole owner and since that purchase Trimm has grown dramatically in market
share and has greatly increased Research and Development.
In 2001 Trimm restructured its manufacturing facilities to bring it in line with Trimm's strategic business plan. Trimm is now focused solely on power distribution equipment.
Today, Trimm Inc. is proud of its reputation as a complete supplier of quality, cost competitive Power Distribution Products, and the continual designing of new products to meet the needs of our valued customers both today and in the future.